Culinary Basic Series
Group Cooking Classes Overview
Gain confidence in the kitchen with chef Marie classes for Home Cooks.
The kitchen is a magical space when filled with the warmth and fragrances of homemade baked goods and aromatic meals. Chef Marie invites you to discover, rekindle, and grow your cooking passion and confidence. Enroll in a class and join us in the kitchen. Any skill level in the kitchen is welcome to sign-up and get cooking!
Chef Marie offers the following types of Classes for Home Cooks.
For those interested in foundational techniques and a more in-depth look at the basics, our five-day Basic Cooking Techniques course is the perfect starting point for students of all skill levels, from the beginner to the more experienced cook. Understand the basic foundations of cooking, become more liberated from reliance on recipes, and truly experience the joys of cooking.
For students interested in exploring the magic of pastries and baking, Chef Marie offers a fantastic five-day Basic Pastry course for students of all skill levels. Learn to make pastry, caramelize sugar, bake cakes and tortes, and work with chocolate.
Techniques courses are offered in both a 5-week format (evenings or 5 Saturday classes) or as a 5-day cooking vacation (5 consecutive daytime classes).
All classes focus on the art of cooking emphasizing use of the freshest seasonal ingredients when possible. Please view our class calendar information below, or give us a call to discuss class details or to discover which class works best for you.
- Choosing professional equipment kit (Chef’s knife, bread knife, boning knife, pairing knife,thermometer, microplane, …
- Guests speakers
- Cost $75.00 per person or All 5 classes $450.00 * Note there are two different series to choose from!
First Series (2 hours)
- Saturday Jan 20th, 21th, 31st, Feb 4th & 11th
- Basic Cooking Techniques - 9:30-11:30 AM
- Basic Cooking Pastry Techiques - 12:30- 2:30 PM
Second Series(2 hours)
- Saturday Feb 12th, March 4th, 14th, 21st & 28th
- Basic Cooking Techniques 9:30- 11:30 AM
- Basic Pastry Techniques 12:30-2:30 PM
Please call our office for assistance registering for this class (804.306-5528)
Class Location: In Your Home